“Everyone is a little Irish on Saint Patrick’s Day”.
Each year St. Patrick’s day is celebrated not only in Ireland but throughout the world by Irish and non-Irish alike.
It’s celebrated at Stirling Carpet & Flooring With our festive Tree!
This Year, maybe a little Irish Coffee to send off our crew in good spirits! Now, now, it’s not what you think!
No one is going to be helping themselves to a pint or a whiskey on the job, so here is an Irish Cream recipe that can be safely enjoyed by each lass and lad – whether it be bucketing down (raining) or the day be grand.
Top your Coffee with a little Irish Cream
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- For each serving, place coffee in a mug. Stir in 1/3 cup Irish cream. Heat mixture in a microwave if desired.
- Yield: 3-1/3 cups and 10 servings
Truth be told
I don’t have a favourite colour! EEEK! Is that bad?
My colour preferences change monthly, sometimes….daily! But this month, maybe through St. Paddy’s influence; green is my go to.
These days, green is out (mostly) for flooring options. When I began a search for green flooring I was positive there would be ZERO findings. To my delight and surprise, I did find a few beauties! There is one in particular here that I’m crushing on. Can you guess which one?
“Cheers” in Irish is sláinte which is pronounced a bit like “slawn-che”. Sláinte means “health”, and if you’re feeling brave, you can say sláinte is táinte (“slawn-che iss toin-che”), meaning “health and wealth”.